Monday, November 2, 2015

Quick update! I'm still here ...

And my house is still a mess.

I swear it's difficult to have a "home" blog when your home is in total disarray and chaotic. At this point, I think I would pay someone to come in and do everything for me if I could afford it.

I don't ever recall it taking so long for us to get settled into a new home, but taking into account:
  • 1/4 of our furniture needs to be replaced
  • We've had to furnish entire empty rooms
  • Unpacking and decluttering was put on hold while we had closets installed, and the whole house painted. 
It's kind of no wonder we have fallen so far behind and our home still looks like a storage unit. We don't even have a stand to place our television. Lighting still hasn't been installed, window treatments still haven't been installed and ... guess what? We still don't have internet. (But we did finally get Directv yesterday, so yay us!)

Not to mention that we experienced the sad and unexpected passing of my father in law, which took us out of the state for two weeks. 

So everything has been on hold. All of our furniture deliveries have been delayed, the post-closing follow up has been delayed, and all of the projects we planned to tackle have also been delayed. Not complaining, just wanting you guys to know what's been going on. 

Furniture and household goods deliveries are slowly starting to trickle in, and I'm really hoping that we can finally make this place a home soon. I was unable to decorate for Halloween (my favorite holiday!), but I'm hoping that I can really get the place hopping in time for Thanksgiving. 


2 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss Ebbie.
    I am sure things will come together but we all understand. Glad you were able to get your Direct TC hooked up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ebbie frist and foremost, my condolences to you and your family. ((((Hugs))))

    I understand your siutation all too well. Unpacking, decluttering, storage living feels like a nighmare. Sometimes i just look and scratch my head. Lol take one bite at a time, one room or one area and spend 15 or minutes to get it done and pat yourself on the back and do it again the next day

    ReplyDelete