Thursday, July 23, 2015

Week 6: Pre Drywall Happenings

   
     We are currently staying 30 miles away from our home, so it's hard to get down there in a timely fashion to check up on the ongoing construction, but our sales rep and project manager are doing a great job keeping us posted on every step along the way!

The pre-drywall inspection(s) went well, but unfortunately, they got delayed/behind on some of them, and it looks like we probably won't be closing during the first week of September like we'd originally hoped. I'm bummed out about it, but trying to stay positive about it all.

Not much has happened in between our last visit, where they were just getting started with insulation and prepping for drywall:

Two weeks ago...

When we arrived today, the brick veneer had been added on the outside:

Brick has been added!



Side of the house.

It already looks so classy!

Couldn't get a proper pic of the front, but you get the idea...



They've completed all insulation, and now the house is being prepped for drywall, due to start this weekend! Fingers crossed y'all!

Stacks and stacks of drywall....

More drywalling materials ...


Old school/geek moment: While walking through the house, I realized that this is what Dan Conner did for a living on Roseanne. I've never seen drywalling done before, so this was an eye opening moment of clarity for me lol.

They've also installed all windows and french doors. It's really starting to all come together now!

We didn't previously have a "SOLD" sign up, so this was something I had to capture.

Had to sneak in another pic of the fireplace, located next to the french doors. So exciting! 

French doors, and the beginnings of our deck. So wish the doors were on the side of the fireplace, which is facing the pond, because this view isn't that great. Eh, what are you gonna do right?




The only thing that has given me pause (and I think I might have mentioned this in the last post, but maybe not) is that we have windows in the garage, and that makes me nervous for some unfathomable reason. Doesn't seem like the safest feature in the world. Not sure yet how we're going to cover them:

Side garage windows.

Hopefully my next update will include walls finally!


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, I love it! So happy that this is standard in most NVHomes! Really improves the overall look of the neighborhood, I gotta say.

      Delete
  2. Awesome! I loved the "Sold" sign as well. (There is a big chance this gal still has all her signs stored in the house) #LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, I plan to keep ours too! Maybe turn them into some kind of artwork for the garage or something, since you've got me thinking now that the garage is an added room in the house. lol

      Delete
    2. SAY WHAAAA! That would be great!!! Make some frames (using cheap wood from Home Depot), paint those jokers, and BOOM! Love it!

      Delete
    3. That's exactly what I was thinking! And I love that burgundy color of the NVH sign, so I was thinking of incorporating that in somewhere, maybe on the door.
      Look at what you done started. lol

      Delete
    4. Oh la la! I can't wait to see what you do with your space! I am sure it will be fab! I think that will be a great door color! My favorite season is Fall and that color screams that! If you can't eye-ball the color, don't forget to take it with you to the paint store so they can match it. How exciting!!!

      Delete
    5. OMG, mine too! I'm so depressed living out of this hotel right now, and my husband keeps reminding me that we will be in the house in time for my fave season, and I will be able to trick it out. It's so sad, but my color scheme is limited to what will and won't clash with autumn colors. lol
      He is not down with my garage plans though, so we've agreed that it will be my personal pet project. If I mess things up, well it's still only the garage!

      Delete
    6. Awwww, yes he is right! You all will be enjoying that space in no time! Hahaha, your "personal pet project"! You are right on...if you mess it up, who cares! It's your garage and even messed up, it will still show the love you gave to it! #LoveYourGarage Hang in there! You are familiar with this process, but I hope it's still very exciting for you being that your hotel is so far away.

      Delete
    7. Thanks Eboni, I'll get through it! lol It will be all the more satisfying once we're finally settled.

      Delete