Friday, September 18, 2015

Week 13: Settlement

So, no big updates or anything, except that WE CLOSED THIS MORNING. The settlement meeting went off without a hitch, documents were signed quickly, they deposited the keys in our hot little hands, and we were in and out of there in less than an hour, I think.



I am dreadfully ill (my patient zero kid passed on some ghastly virus to his fragile old Mama), so I sat through the meeting doped up on cold & flu meds, barely awake and breathing through one nostril. I'm sure I won't even remember anything this time tomorrow.

Later, our mailbox keys were picked up from the post office, and we dropped off a few items in the house--our household goods won't actually be delivered until Tuesday, so we're still residents at the hotel for a few more days. Honestly with the way I'm feeling now, I'm actually relieved for the reprieve, and not having to unpack a household while dealing with being sick on top of everything else. Here's hoping that I will be better by Tuesday.

Tomorrow, Lowes will deliver our washer and dryer, so that's nice that we will be able to wash our linen and things after they've been sitting in storage for three months.

Will update soon, and hopefully next week I'll be able to provide pictures with furniture actually in the house.

4 comments: