Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Week 11: Unwrapped

Tomorrow, we will be two weeks from closing! I can't believe that our settlement date is barreling at us so quickly! I have been anticipating this day for so long, but now that the house is coming together at lightning speed (seriously, I visit daily now and these guys are working around the clock!), and there's SO much we still need to do and to schedule, I'm almost wishing we had a smidgen more time.

Almost. If I could move into the house tomorrow, I totally would. But it wouldn't be pleasant, and I would be full of anxiety about it, so there's that.

There isn't much to add from last week, except we are fully unwrapped, and most of the touching up and final installs are happening! I have to say, I wasn't expecting to be overtaken with emotions at the unveiling of the interior of the house, but I totally was and I may or may not have teared up a bit as I stood in the middle of the pretty, shiny glory. And that new house smell! YES! I LIVE.

Feast your eyes!

Rec room entry

Another view of the rec room. Flooring is finally perfect! 

So pretty! 



Kitchen fully unwrapped, and almost finished! 


Dishwasher! They were running it while I was there, and I could not even tell it was turned on! Even quieter than the brand new Viking dishwasher I had in my old house!

Five burner range. 

Upstairs is fully carpeted. Close up of the color and texture. This was my husband's pick, but I think he did a good job. 


Master bedroom. It is massive. 


Master bath. They still have quite a bit of work to do in here, but it's coming along great. Kind of wish I had gone darker with the cabinets and granite though. 

Shower


Various shower pics, it is so hard to get a good shot! I'm so in love with the frameless door! 

2 comments: